MANILA, Philippines — A total of 33 Department of Tourism-accredited accommodation establishments have been awarded the World Travel and Tourism Council safe travels stamp on Wednesday morning.
The WTTC safe travels stamp is the world’s first safety and hygiene stamp.
The DOT said these are awarded so that travelers can recognize governments and businesses that have adopted global health standard protocols.
Tourism Secretary Puyat led the ceremonial awarding for the 33 hotels from six regions which were duly inspected and endorsed by the regional offices concerned.
The AEs are located in Region VII, 16 of which are in Cebu and Bohol; Region IV-B, all nine are in Palawan; Region VI, all three in Boracay; Region IX, all three in Zamboanga; CAR, one in Baguio City and, Region XI, one in Davao City.
There are now a total of 40 recipients of the safe travels stamp.
National Capital Region
- Aruga by Rockwell
- Grand Hyatt Manila
- Joy Nostalg Hotels & Suites
- Solaire Resort (applicable to hotel operations only)
- The Peninsula Manila
Cordillera Administrative Region
- Baguio Country Club
- The Forest Lodge at Camp John Hay
- The Manor at Camp John Hay
- Balai Adlao
- Casa Kalaw
- Club Paradise
- El Nido Resorts – Apulit Island Resort
- El Nido Resorts – Lagen Island Resort
- El Nido Resorts – Miniloc Island Resort
- El Nido Resorts – Pangulasian Island Resort
- Hotel Covo
- Huni Lio
- Amarela Resort
- Amun Ini Resort and Spa
- Bai Hotel
- Best Western Plus The Ivywall Resort
- Bohol Beach Club Panglao, Bohol
- Cebu White Sands Resort and Spa
- C Suites at 8 Newtown
- Jpark Island Resort and Waterpark
- Modala Beach Resort
- Mithi Resort and Spa
- Plantation Bay Resort and Spa
- Tambuli Seaside Resort and Spa
- The Bellevue Resort
- The Hotel Elizabeth
- Waterfront Airport Hotel and Casino (applicable to hotel operations only)
- Waterfront Cebu City Hotel and Casino (applicable to hotel operations only)
- Grand Astoria Hotel
- Hotel Camila 2
- Mibang Hotel
- Seda Abreeza Hotel
Read More: Philstar